Okay, so my deadline is fast approaching...more like barreling down on me with both guns loaded, yelling, "Finish the damn book already!"
So I decided to adopt our very own Mary Martinez's philosophy and declare this week AITC week! aka "A** in the chair week!"
Pulling a Liz Lipperman, here are the Top Ten Reasons Why...I MUST keep my AITC all flipping week long!
10) It's easier on the bum than on the feet (me bum has much more padding and can withstand the stress better)
9) These pages won't write themselves (or will they...but that's another story...mwahahaha)
8) My family will leave me alone if I look comatosed (zombies are scary...or so I've been told)
7) My husband will cook if my hands look like claws (picture Michael Jackson's Thriller video...scary)
6) My house will look worse than I do (maybe someone will clean...one can dream)
5) Someone else will play taxi (I'd get lost, searching for my plot because it's long gone, people!)
4) My kids will do their homework on their own (Mommy's talking to people who don't exist...can you say schitso? cuz there's definitely several people living in my head. They really don't want my help in this state of mind.)
3) I can't quit my day job (I am a writer...right?)
2) I signed on the dotted line...more than once (careful what you wish for, people!)
1) The book is due...duh! (enough said!) PS the duh was meant for me because I seem to be thick headed lately. New mantra I'll be chanting all week until it sinks in:
A** in Chair, book due...duh!
So tell me, my people, what keeps your A** In The Chair? Curious minds want to know, but then I've got to go. A chair is calling my name. It's time to get to work :-)