It's almost midnight in Texas, so I'm posting the last lines. I have an appointment early tomorrow and I know some of you will be checking before I get home.
Don’t freak out, guys, I changed the numbers, thinking it would be too confusing if I didn’t. Here’s the line up. Good luck to all of you. For everyone who didn’t make it, feel free to critique these entries, gently, of course.
1. Revenge is easy with nothing to lose.
2. My real life -- the one in which I live simply, work hard, and don't sleep with strange men -- is about to come apart, ugly.
3. Before her eyes, Tracey went from solid to see through, into a puff of white smoke, then she was gone.
4. With a forced smile he waved good-bye as his precious daughter and daughter by proxy left for the airport, all the while concerned if the notes had any bearing on their safety.
5. My head snapped up to see the red light rushing to engulf me.
6. I watched him walk away as I comforted my friend.
7. “Cassidy, it’s your harmless writer friend on one saying she’s been arrested for an innocent thing called murder.”
8. Leaving the genie in the recliner, Amber grabbed her keys and went out to rescue her mother from the Officers of Darkness.
9. Wish I had the foresight to bring Grandma Lou's .20 gauge last night, thought Maggie.
10. The forest pulsated with deafening thunder, yet the silence was absolute.
11. Pete would never forgive her if anything happened to his daughter while in her care.
12. He left, leaving me standing there with my mouth open.
13. “Crank it up bongo-boy, me and my sista got us some evil-a** kickin’ to do.”
14. “Apparently the badge I carry is not a bullet-proof shield.”
15. This time he’d make damn good and sure Lara Nash, girl reporter, never left his sight.
16. "Harming a smart little girl had proven fatal, but no one would ever know.
17. "I've got a horrible singing voice, and all the time in the world."
18. Nonetheless, one breath later, his body shuddered, his vision faded, and he was gone.
19. Doyle didn't come home till Friday, and he didn't come alone.
20. Then he looked up to find a figure on the porch - a figure with what looked to be a 9mm pointed directly at him.
21. Irene must find a way to derail her granddaughter’s wedding plans.
22. That warm shower looked better and better.
23. For now, I gulped three of the industrial strength pain pills I always packed, made my cautious way back to the lobby, and begged my body not to turn to jelly in front of dozens of strangers.
24. Paige Logan was headed straight for him with a full head of steam.
25. I should have left.
26. As Ava lost consciousness, she realized her worries about how she would survive in this realm had been way too premature.
27. How can I continue being his wife if I have to compete with his mistress?
28. He thanked the gods for the desert wind as it sucked his eyes dry of tears.