1. I was born in Portugal (I’m an Airforce brat)
2. I’m one of 4 children: 2 boys, 2 girls (older sister, older brother who died of crib death at 7 weeks old, me, younger brother.) Hubby is one of 4 children: 2 boys, 2 girls. And we had 4 children of our own (3 boys 1 girl while his brother had 3 girls, 1 boy)
3. I love country music and rock
4. I love physical comedy, but hate stupid comedy (and horror movies: Salem’s Lot still scares me to death)
5. I am terrified of mice, but snakes and bugs don’t bother me, and I am a huge dare devil...parasailing in Acapulco, scuba diving & swimming with sing ray in the Carribean, wind surfing & helicoptors in Hawaii, kayaking in Alaska, and I'd love to sky dive & bungi jump!!!
6. I’m a closet sweet eater…I could skip meals all day and just eat sweets
7. I’ve never tried any “vice” except alcohol (I was a goodie goodie in HS, but I swear I land myself in crazy situations all the time….just attend a conference with me and you’ll see what I mean) wine is my favorite
8. I hate confrontation (I’m such a wimp and can’t say no, and hate calling repair men, cable people, etc…I make my husband make all those calls while I just handle doctor apts. etc.)
9. I’m actually a little shy…I know, hard to believe, but at first I’m shy and then once I warm up, you’ll wish you could shut me off! I LOVE to talk and laugh J
10. My hubby of 21 years didn’t marry me for my Martha Stewart Skills (I am NOT a good house keeper or cook) hence the 4 kids….can you say research?
1. I'm an RN.
2. I am next to the youngest of 9 children.
3. I lived in Taiwan and Saudi Arabia
4. I talk a lot about drinking, but I prefer my calories to be food, preferably starchy. I do love a good margarita, though.
5. I married my HS sweetheart and we will celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary in August.
6. I hate fancy food.
7. I love to dance.
8. I need oxygen when I speak in front of a crowd.
9. I got suspended from Catholic HS with my best friend for three days for smoking in the boys' locker room. (I quit smoking 30 years ago.)
10. This same friend and I punched holes in condoms we found in her BF's car when he was cheating on her.
1. In fourth grade Lola Crane wouldn’t play with me because I was adopted.
2. In fourth grade—very traumatic year for me—Sula Maynard broke my nose with a baseball bat. (she said she thought I was standing on the other side of her.)
3. When I was in 9th grade my friend and I would take the car—no license yet—out every Friday night while Mom and Dad were bowling.
4. I left the same friend stranded at the Drive in when she lined me up with a yucky friend of a guy she wanted to date. I told her I was going to the restroom and called my parents to come get me. I told them our dates had taken us to an R rated movie at a drive in and I knew I wasn’t allowed to do that. They thought I was such a good girl. Now had the guy been hot…
5. I have never lived anywhere but Utah. But I’ve always wanted to buy a little place in Jamaica.
6. My work history is very boring. But I did volunteer for the 2002 Olympics and was stationed in Communications headquarters as tech support. I could tell you stories but then I’d have to take care of you!
7. If you’ve read my web site you know I was married at the U of U tailgating in 1999. What you don’t know is we locked the tickets for the game in the car and didn’t make it in until the 3rd quarter. As you can imagine there were several comments about ‘where’ we had been.
8. We also had too much champagne and we hadn’t packed yet so had to rush home to do that before leaving for our honey moon. I arrived in California and had forgot to pack any underwear.
9. I will not go in a helicopter. Two times we booked a flight only to have complications and the flight canceled. On the 2nd time it actually went down and 3 people who’d we’d actually chatted with before they left were killed. We have no desire to try for a 3rd time.
10. Unlike Liz I use a lot of my calories on wine.
1) Everyone thinks I'm gregarious, but I'm actually very shy.
2) Even though we travel a lot, I love just being home. There are days I never leave the house.
3) My best friend in grammar school is now a super famous author (not to be named) who taught me all the capitals of the states so I could pass my 5th grade exam.
4) I am a pretty-darn-good chef, but have been letting my dear husband handle meals for the last year or so. Ask us for recipes! We could write a book for Italian ones, Thai, and many other options!
5) I become a quiet and contented person when I spend time in Italy. Not to mention productive with my writing!
6) I belong to a fantastic Ladies who Lunch group. I'm the youngest with most being in their 70's and 80's (I'm in my 50's). They are amazingly brilliant, well-read and liberal folks. I learn a lot each time we get together.
7) I managed the renovation of our house a number of years ago. Much to the mixed pleasure and dismay of my architect husband! Did you know there are about 1000 (no kidding) decisions to be made for EACH room?
8) I write among three computers. But always with two Golden Retrievers having a chin on each of my feet.
9) My exercise routine has failed miserably over the last year. I used to be fanatical. Any ideas on how to fix that?
10) My dear friends are my salve. I thank each of you.
So come out and play with us. Chime in and tell us something we don't know about you!